Following weeks of careful preparations and changes in the COVID 19 threat, Lilleshall Squash and Racketball Club are very pleased to confirm that the squash courts are now open again and we will be returning and welcoming members back to enjoy the sport.
Lilleshall National Sports Centre reopened the courts to the public on Thursday 20 May under strict, but necessary rules. The club have been in constant contact with Lilleshall’s management team throughout the pandemic and we have worked closely together to reach this much anticipated stage.
Paul Evans, Club Chairman, recently met on-site with Lilleshall’s General Manager and conducted a “walk through” on the COVID conditions in place. The club are happy that all the procedures in place fully meet Government, Sport England & England Squash requirements and therefore we have been able to agree a return for our club. The Lilleshall NSC management team have worked very hard to get us to this point and the club are very grateful for their efforts. Lilleshall NSC are very pleased to see us back.
The club’s return will take place on Wednesday 26th May from 6.00pm. The club will have squash courts reserved for the sole use of club members on Wednesday & Thursday nights. All five courts, including Court One, which was recently out of commission, will be available to existing members for three sessions (6pm, 7pm & 8pm).
The club has prepared a special “Return To Play” paper, that details all the conditions that will be in place for member’s safety. It is essential that members study this document and are fully conversant with its content and how it will affect you on your return. These requirements will of course be subject to change.
A few additional points:
- The club will be using our court booking sheets for track & trace purposes. It is therefore essential that you record your name as you attend and it is legible. There is no need for contact details, as the club have these from our club records. Make sure that they are kept up to date.
- Make sure you bring your own pen/pencil. Do not share, do not be tempted to hang a community pen on the noticeboards. The booking sheets must not be defaced, used as scrap note paper, or removed. We are required to retain booking records for a minimum of 21 days.
- Court booking sheets are now posted for the next two weeks (26th May onwards). Thereafter, sheets for Wednesdays & Thursdays will be posted at the same time and two weeks in advance.
- It is highly recommended that you carry your own hand sanitiser and bacterial wipes in your squash bags. The latter can be used for ball sanitising at regular 20 min intervals.
- The following link to the England Squash website, gives further guidance to players under the current regulations and conditions. Important that all club members visit it.
- Outside of our club nights, Lilleshall have refined their online court booking system. You need an account to use the facility. You can create an account online. It allows you to select your court of choice from those available. It is an alternative to in-person telephone booking through the Centre. The following is the link to that page. Unfortunately, we cannot use it for our club nights and will therefore use our booking sheets.
- The Queens Hall Bar/Restaurant will be open for restricted service. Last orders will be at 10.30pm and the ‘Rule of 6’ is in-play, along with other Government restrictions.
- The changing rooms facilities will be restricted, with the showers out of commission. The changing rooms can only be used to go to the toilet.
If you have any concerns with the return conditions and need clarification then please contact our Club Chairman. Only return to the club if and when you are confident to do so.
And finally – enjoy your return.