Each year, the Club provides members with the opportunity to contest a series of friendly internal squash and racketball tournaments. These tournaments are usually run during the Spring and Autumn months and feature a mixture of handicap and ‘off scratch’ (non-handicap) competitions.
- Open (Squash) Competition: One of our most prestigious titles. Open to all club members, all levels. All matches played off scratch.
- The Squash Plate: Open to preliminary and first round losers of the Open (Squash) competition.
- Dave Fox Trophy (formerly Handicap Trophy): Handicap squash competition open to all club members. Matches are played using PAR (point–a–rally) scoring.
- Robson (Squash) Trophy: All club members aged 40 or over. Matches played off scratch.
- Laver (Squash) Trophy: All club members aged 50 or over. Matches played off scratch.
In addition, the club awards a further performance related trophy as follows:
- Jordan Trophy: Awarded to the highest performing individual within our internal squash ladder, measured over a 12 month period (i.e. the player who has been ranked #1 for the most consecutive weeks).
- Open (Racketball) Competition: Open to all club members. All matches played off scratch.
- The Racketball Plate: Open to preliminary and first round losers of the Open (Racketball) competition.
- John Perry (Racketball) Memorial Cup (formerly Veterans Trophy): Open to all club members. A handicap racketball competition using PAR (point–a–rally) scoring.
Previous Tournaments/Awards (which are no longer contested at LSRC):
- Skol Trophy: Awarded to the most improved squash/racketball player over the last 12 months.
- Ladies (Squash) Trophy: Open to female club members. A handicap competition using PAR (point–a–rally) scoring.
- Junior (Squash) Competition: Open to club members who have not previously won an individual competition.
- U18 (Junior): Open to squash club members under the age of 18.
- Andy Sliwa Trophy: Same format as for the ‘Dave Fox Trophy’, but restricted to players in the lower leagues, or of equal level.
- Spring Cup – Internal team squash competition with seeded players.
- Village Tournament – Internal team squash competition with seeded players